Aftercare Instructions: The First Day
- Don’t plan on wearing any mascara while you have extensions! The only time you will need mascara is to fill in gaps caused by waiting too long between touch-ups.
- Make sure you do not sleep on your lashes the first night. Sleep on your back if possible or prop your head to avoid pressure on your lashes, you’ll be happy you do this because the lashes will last much longer.
Aftercare Instructions: General
- Avoid any cosmetic product or cleanser containing propylene glycol, organic solvents, urea, carbonate or high concentrations of alcohol. Products with these ingredients can potentially break down the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of the extensions. Ask me if you aren’t sure.
- Use only water-soluble mascara that does not contain the above-mentioned ingredients and never use waterproof mascara. Please note that repeated use of mascara might shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions.
- Unless you’re washing your face, keep your hands off your extensions to make them last longer!
- Curling of your lash extensions is not recommended. Because the extensions come pre-curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond. If you must, a heated curler is recommended.
- Avoid pulling, picking or twisting your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
- Wash your eyelid/lashes! Lashes were created by God to keep dirt out of your eye! In order to maintain the health of your lashes, It’s extremely important to keep your extensions and natural lashes clean by using a good cleanser. If you aren’t sure what to use, ask me.
- Use a lash wand to fluff your extensions to reduce tangling and flipping every morning and evening.
- Return for touch-ups every two weeks to keep your lashes looking their best!